Ultra Flora LGG
Ultra Flora LGG
* This particular product is practitioner only, available exclusively through working with your Inner Strength / Health Function practitioner. Products cannot be sent to those not registered in our client database. For more information or to enquire about becoming an Inner Strength / Health Function client please contact administration on (03) 544 7786 or purchase a skype consultation with Dr De Villiers.
High Strength Lactobacillus rhamnosus (LGG®)
Lactobacillus rhamnosus (LGG®) has been shown to or may:
- Reduce the incidence of eczema and food allergies in infants.
- Reduce the frequency of diarrhoea.
- Dairy free.
Ultra Flora LGG
- A double blind, randomised placebo-controlled trial, in 159 mother-infant pairs measured the effect of LGG® in reducing the incidence of eczema and allergies in high risk infants. The mothers were given 20 billion LGG® organisms two to four weeks before expected delivery. For six months postnatally, LGG® was given to breast feeding mothers or straight to the child in water. After two years, the frequency of atopic eczema and allergies in the LGG® group was half that of the placebo group. The mechanism is understood to be an increase in transforming anti-inflammatory growth factor (TGF-B2) in breast milk. TGF-B2 is a key immunoregulatory anti-inflammatory factor that inhibits IgE synthesis.
- A randomised, double blind clinical trial of 31 infants with atopic eczema and a history of cow’s milk allergy have shown that LGG® may reduce eczema associated symptoms such as itching and sleeplessness. The clinical symptom score of atopic dermatitis and digestive symptoms (SCORAD) decreased significantly after one month’s intervention in infants receiving extensively hydrolysed whey infant formula with LGG®. The results showed that an improvement in endogenous barrier mechanism, via an alleviation of intestinal inflammation and reduced antigen absorption may assist in the relief of digestive symptoms associated with food allergies.
- A review paper published in ‘The Lancet’, reported a significant reduction in the incidence of diarrhoea in adults with LGG® in five randomised, placebo-controlled trials. LGG® has also been shown to relieve and treat diarrhoea in several clinical trials. In a randomised controlled trial of 93 children, a significant reduction in duration of diarrhoea was reported. This has also been supported in a separate study, where LGG® shortened the duration of diarrhoea from six days to three days.
- Ultra Flora LGG® contains a high strength and extensively trialled probiotic strain with supportive evidence from 215 research articles. LGG® has been shown to resist acid, bile and pancreatin digestion allowing survival through the digestive tract for colonisation.
|Ingredients List||Serving Size: 2 Capsules
Servings per Container: 30
Amount per serving:
Each capsule contains:
Lactobacillus rhamnosus (LGG®) 10 billion CFU (organisms)
Free from animal products, corn, dairy protein, lactose, eggs, gluten, wheat, nuts, yeast, soy protein and salt. Free from artificial colours, flavours and preservatives.
Store at 2°C to 8°C (Refrigerate. Do not freeze.)